ABOUT THE CLIENT
The client is one of the world’s premier biopharmaceutical companies that focuses on developing breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. Against a complex health landscape, they unleash the power of their assets—from medicines and vaccines to financial investments and world-class expertise—to help strengthen health systems and improve access to quality healthcare services for patients around the world.
The story of bringing a medicine to life is no different than any other process of creation. Together with their partners, our client unlocks transformative and sustainable solutions through programs and investments that ensure a healthier world for everyone.
WHAT BUSINESS CHALLENGE WAS THE CLIENT EXPERIENCING?
The main challenge faced by the organisation was the lack of women workforce in senior and top-level managements. They wanted to ensure that all barriers that were preventing gender diversity and inclusion were eliminated for future candidates.
Therefore, the client wanted a learning solution that would:
- Provide best practices tailored for the leadership development of women in the organization
- Offer mentoring, coaching, self-actualization and internal networking opportunities that would help candidates gain an insight into their strengths and weaknesses, overcome their self-limiting beliefs and build ideal learning paths for their career goals
- Ensure the content and learning outcomes are in line with the organisation’s purpose and four key values – Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy
WHAT SOLUTION DID KAPLAN PROVIDE?
A collaboratively customised Leadership Aspiring Female Talents (LAFTA) Program for the AfME region.
HOW DID KAPLAN WORK WITH THE CLIENT TO DEVELOP THE SOLUTION?
- To develop the learning solution, Kaplan used the ‘collaborative customization’ approach
- The course outline, the content and the learning outcomes were developed by conducting multiple rounds of consultative interviews with key stakeholders of the organization
- It resulted in creation of a highly bespoke programme content encompassing assessments, coaching sessions and assignments
HOW WAS THE TRAINING DELIVERED?
- The training included 2 modules with 5 sessions each and was delivered through face-to-face (F2F) and live online. It was interactive and included a mix of relevant business, coaching sessions and assignments
- We also conducted pre-assessments and post-assessments before and after the programme to measure the impact of the training among the participants
WHAT ASPECTS WERE APPRECIATED BY THE CLIENT?
- Collaborative customization of program and content through consultative approach
- Industry experienced trainer with multiple qualifications conducting the interactive delivery
- Specialized exercises and interactive case studies for each topic in the program
- Comprehensive pre- and post-assessments along with support material for effective embedding of learning
- The improvement in candidate score
WHAT WAS THE IMPACT OF THE PROGRAMME?
- 100% of respondents felt motivated and confident in promoting themselves to their managers
- 75% of the candidates have highlighted significant changes in their role and promotions post the program
WHAT DID THE CANDIDATES THINK OF THE PROGRAMME?
- “The training helped me identify and manage my vulnerabilities as well as seek support if required to challenge stereotypes, prejudices and discriminations when seen anywhere.”
- “Trainers have relevant personal experience and not just theory. The facilitators created an atmosphere for authenticity by sharing their own life experience”
- “I loved the opportunity to share my personal career challenges with my colleagues and receive constructive feedback that will help me grow.”